Skip to main content

A Summer Outfit



I just loved this little dress from Molly's Sketchbook. So much soo, that I ended up taking it and cutting it in half for a skirt and tank design. I followed the same design techniques with the stitching at the sides, except for at the top's bottom. I placed a border with two slits at the side for comfort & a light fit. Take a look!




I love this fabric! Purchased at Joann's, I can't believe how
many reproduction prints they have this year.
Buy up now, because some are not re-ordered.








Okay...so I got carried away with all the pictures, but could I help it? She's just too darn cute sporting that little blue headscarf. Take another look at my grown girl sewing like her mommy:) The greatest thing, is that she's soo persistent & wants to learn even after a mistake. It doesn't disappoint her. It only drives her to want to know 'the right way'. (Must've got that from me....wink, wink.)




And..she ended up with a little dress for her American Girl doll, that of course looks like her:)
How cute! I always make sure the thread is darker than the fabric, so she can see where her sewing lines are. We've also spent a great deal of time, sewing on paper, practicing lines, swirls, & squares.  Remember that from Home Economics? It will never get old:)
Happy Trails till next time!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...