Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Latest Project




I love scarves! I love them, I love them, I really really do! I used a 6.5mm crochet hook and Bernat Roving thread, 80% acrylic and 20% wool. This is a tight weave as you can see in the pictures.

Instead of making short rows, I thought it would be more fun to follow one long row, creating a horizontal stripe when worn.  


When I completed the desired height, which was 17 rows,  a shell stitch was done at the bottom, (thanks mom), and the two open ends were closed.

Look at how cute this turned out!


The shell stitch adds a little bit of whimsy and makes it a bit more dressed up.

And, as with any project, one must model it so we can tell, 'is it really as pretty on, as it is just placed on a mannequin?' The answer, 'Of Course!'

No comments:

Post a Comment