Friday, May 2, 2014

Mom's Market Tote


Thinking of Mother's Day, I wanted to make my special mom a new work tote that was reversible and could easily be used at the market as well. Ya know, the whole green thing plus advertising for her daughter's Etsy shop...wink, wink. There was no pattern involved, just some rectangular pieces of fabric I had left over and playing around. I made sure that all my stitching and "add on's" like pockets and labels were sewn into place before applying the fusible interfacing on the reverse. That stuff makes anything more durable! I also paid extra attention to the straps that were sewn twice from the inside then enforced with a block on the outside. Pretty cute and bright, wouldn't you say? I think she'll love it!







And the "a-ha" moment for next time? I really wish I had stitched one ribbon between each of the arched straps. Why? Because when you put the bag together, these ribbons could have been tied to shut the bag. I'll have to make a mini demo just to see what it would look like!






On another note.... Mother Nature is still trying to figure out Ohio's forecast. Everything is coming up in blooms but the breezes are still on the chilly side. I'm hoping that she'll opt for warmer temps since there's plenty of birthday's coming up. My daughter will be turning 10!!! (exclamations to show my internal emotions: both happy and scared) ~ and I will be turning 3-3.... Funny thing ~ I remember when my mom was that age & it turns out it's not as old as I thought it was. Yes, the years are flying but it's all good :)

Happy Trails ~ to thinking about our moms... & daughters:)

No comments:

Post a Comment