Skip to main content

The Honeycomb Dress

I have had a finished apron, ready for listing for sometime. It has been sitting on my craft table, waiting to be photographed. And every sunny day that has gone by, I've had a million other things I've been destined to do. Except for today.  It was gorgeous, warm & sunny.....& guess what? I had nothing else to do! Hip, hip, hooray! So off I went, with my two little helpers. One, a designated assistant & camera holder,  & two, the model & oooohhh what a model she was. I had her sport the Amy Butler honeycomb fabric dress I made for her last year, 'because it matches so perfectly mom.' (I did not use a pattern for this dress.) So, yeah, I'm pretty proud of how beautiful it turned out:) And of course I had to share it with you!


The skirt is made up of two large pieces of fabric that were folded to have pleats.
The upper portion consisted of your typical dress top, just without the sleeves.
Instead, I did fabric ties, so much easier and versatile. A side zipper was used along with
bias tape for a clean finish.



And after spending the afternoon with my gals, I came back to find the UPS Santa left me a present:) How lucky was I? Check out the great bundle of new fabrics. I can't wait to start some new projects & see what I'll come up with!

I love this retro style safety pin fabric!


Happy Sewing!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...