Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Pillow Full of Love

 
 
 
A heart pillow.


 
 
There's no need to purchase that adorable, striped heart pillow you spotted at the store.
It's so much easier to make than you think.
 
 
I started by using some scrapped strips that were too small for my 'big' projects.
I arranged them in a pattern.  I also stitched from the center outward.







I folded my fabric in half & pinned. Just like in grade school, I cut the shape of a half heart.
You can see that I ended up needing a little more fabric at the edge to make for a rounded corner.
 






I used fleece for the backing. Stitch the heart's together by reversing the fabric, so that your two outer sides are actually inwards. Leave a five inch opening on the side of the heart. This is where you can reverse it and stuff. Complete your pillow with hand stitching & coordinating thread.
The finished pillow measures at 16 1/2 inches wide by 11 1/2 in length.
This a really cute project at a fraction of the cost!
 
Happy Trails:)
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment