Skip to main content

A New Room


Hello friends! I'm so excited about today's post! You're all wondering where I've been? Well, once you see the photos, you'll know I've been pre-occupied! Far from the norm, I usually don't post pictures of our home, however, the sewing room has received a major transformation and I couldn't be more than thrilled with the results. Take a look!


My previous room, (not pictured for many reasons), was crammed & over cluttered with fabrics, boxes, & miscellaneous items. I suspect it was so over cluttered that it was one of the main reasons I just didn't have the desire to stitch up too many new projects for the shop. You'd walk in and immediately lose your train of thought due to the bright colors that were in your face, coming from every direction. Cream carpeting was soft on your feet, but didn't serve me well when I needed a large 'flat' surface to cut on.



Use a tiered fruit basket for thread storage.
Keeps it visible & cute!
I used a vintage, green espresso cup to store
business cards.  Another great idea if you
have a mismatched set.



The new room is a soft shade of sea green where organizing work space was my first priority. The carpeting was replaced with hickory wood flooring, which is packed with grain design. Ya, for someone with an art degree it is pretty odd there is no artwork on the walls ~ but this was completely intentional. There is enough to stimulate the mind through trinkets, beautiful fabrics and project layouts. I didn't want the eye to travel elsewhere.



Hooray! My dress form has it's own spot now!


The most interesting thing was getting rid of 15lbs of fabric I had no use for. One of my guilty things - keeping old curtains, linens, and polyester fabrics just in case I went the upcycling route. In reality.... I was never going to use them. Ahh.... the weight has been lifted! A country girl at heart, I have a ton of baskets to help with storing fabric scraps, threads, patterns, paints, & cards. You get the picture!

One thing is for sure ~ I thank Pinterest and all those fellow bloggers for the inspiration! Hopefully this room will inspire some as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crystal Knob Rack

So... what can you do with a piece of wood measuring 45 inches by 3 1/2? Well, if it's 1 inch thick, you can use it to make the cutest wall rack. But instead of using hooks, use drawer knobs!   Here's how the idea got started. I needed a place to photograph kids aprons. Now, most of you know that my girls have been modeling them, but they can't model toddler aprons, right? All I could picture was a gorgeous crystal knob rack used to display those mini aprons I love to make. And after searching in stores and online, I realized they are not very easy to find. Soo...... "oooohhh hubby.... can you drill a few holes in this piece of oak wood I found in the barn?"   Of course he did it in a heart beat & he even sanded it down too! The holes were positioned like this: I did the two outer ones first, then measured to the center in between those. And again, the middle of the center and outer one. Got it? I took some regular creamy white wall paint I had left

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the

January.... you're almost done!

Hello friends!  I feel like it's been forever since my last post. I suppose some might even say I've been spending nearly all my time on the forefront of creative madness along with trying to continue healing. Holy smokes! Chemo and radiation will change a person forever. I'm continuing my healing journey, and staying hopeful that I'll remain in the 'clear' for a long time. It's odd, the way you feel, when everything you've gotten accustomed to: the running around, working day to day, rushing here and rushing there.... how quickly it changes when it's no longer a necessity. Yes, I am extremely thankful that my spouse supports and pushes for my healing time, omitting nurse life as it was, but like I told my girlfriend the other day, "how many craft projects can a girl possibly do?" ..... Well let me just tell you..... A LOT! Today's post will revisit some Instagram pics, (in case you don't follow along) with some of my most recent