Skip to main content

The Market Bag

So....don't you just hate it when your projects don't turn out quite the way you had pictured? I had a vision in mind. An upscale version of the market bag, with subtle earth tones, 3 pockets,  deep, and sturdy, washable - just not crooked!  This chic and hip market bag was made, double lined, double stitched and serged completely throughout for sturdiness. I would love if you all looked at this and said - "no, it's great!" But I could not bare to sell something on the etsy store that I know I couldn't stand completely behind. Soooo.....my sister is going to be sporting the new "lucy loves me market bag" until I make more. Forget your purse at home. With this market bag, you can carry a water bottle, your keys, and a wallet - deep enough that none of the items will fall out. Hope you enjoy and hope this one sparks new ideas for those crafty do-it yourselfers who are looking for a new spring project.







And yes...those are 2012 spring seed catalogs! In which I am extremely excited about:)
I feel like a kid when I check the mail and see a gardening catalog in the box. It's so exciting, thinking what can I try this year that'll be different and garden plans - gotta love those garden plans. Some of my favorite catalogs are Cooks Garden, John Scheepers Kitchen Garden Seeds, Jung Seeds, and Totally Tomatoes.
A really good thing to remember when ordering from catalogs - look at the location of the headquarters. Meaning if your in zone 5, like me, and want a plant from a location in zone 8, chances are it won't survive even if it's a perennial and you got the best soil. Truth be told, the air is just different regarding humidity and moisture. Some of my best perennials came from those really cheap gardening catalogs we all get in the spring. Take for instance my 6 hydrangeas for 7.99 years ago. Those little things came from an Illinois garden center and have grown into the most beautiful bushes infront of our home. Don't believe when people say it won't grow because the price is cheap. If you follow directions and plant immediately after arrival - it'll grow, I'm sure of it.  And with seeds, unsprayed vs. sprayed is the question. More likely to survive and grow = sprayed. But who wants the pesticides - not me! And as a matter of fact, a friend of mine bought all organic unsprayed seeds this past year. She started everything from scratch and ended up having the most beautiful amazing garden. All the seeds took.
This really could've been a post about garden catalogs instead of a market bag. But..the two do go hand in hand:) Happy Trails!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...