Skip to main content

Summer approaching


And just like that, my friends, May is coming to a close. Hard to believe that almost half the year has already gone by. Time sure flies!





The girls are eagerly awaiting summer break (just 1 more week left!!!). I don't know who's more excited, us parents or the girls! I mean honestly... how sweet it is....that first day of sleeping in!

I've been scratching about on a few projects and managed to finish a little quilt top. I absolutely love large block quilts and oversized shapes and sizes.

I came across a nice pattern at kitchentablequilting.com! My finished piece consists of four 24" April Blocks. For anyone interested in learning how to quilt, this design is complex enough to give someone the boost they need, but definitely not difficult to understand or piece together.

I used Art Gallery Fabrics, solids and one floral. Now that it is complete, I can't help but reimagine how different it would've looked had I placed the florals elsewhere in the design. It must be one of the many reasons quilting is so much fun! It's a creative hobby with endless possibilities.



April Giant Block

On the forefront, these lovely fabrics are waiting for a purpose. Winter Creek Cloth  had a fabulous sale not too long ago, and there was no way I could say no! The colors are bold and vibrant, perfect for summer sewing. There are 3 simple ideas in mind: One, dealing with many stripes. The second, many triangles. Or the third, some log cabin love. So many choices!


May you all have sunshine where you stand today (and tomorrow, and everyday after)!
Happy Trails till next time:)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...