Skip to main content

Finally.....



Finally......... for so many reasons. 

Finally, a project gets quilted. Finally, I've completed our house projects which included painting the girls rooms and bathroom. Finally, my Spring cleaning list is notably shrinking. Finally, a small shop issue is resolved. And finally, Ohio weather is beginning to look promising. Just in time for Easter.  




The lovely Tula Pink Moon Shine Strip quilt, that was started oh.. about 2 years ago is finally folded nicely and displayed on our staircase ledge, adding a beautiful bounce of colors to a bland hallway. I can't begin to tell you how hard it was to get myself going with this. Relocating my sewing machine to the dining room table was not so bad. But knowing that it was just the row after row, boring sewing that made me think, I could be creating something new. Does anyone else have that problem? Ya know, procrastinating with completing a project simply because you keep starting new ones?



Gotta admit, I absolutely love the finish but I need to work on doing something other than straight lines, due to mere fact that this was tedious and boring. It's been on my mind to take my 7+ completed quilt tops to the professional long arm artist down the road, but I fear it takes away from solely being made by moi. Maybe... I just need to purchase that long arm frame I've had my eye on... ;)




On another note. Playing with scraps ended up working out great when I decided to add a few solid colors into the mix, creating yet another completed 'top'. You know when they say you learn as you go? Well, believe it or not, this was the first time seams were 'nested'. Yes.... all my other projects were pressed with open seams. So much for thinking one quilt patterns instructions meant 'across the board.'  Boy oh boy was this ALOT faster and simpler. 


And thank you to those who have been swinging by the Etsy shop!
A recent unfortunate experience made me realize that technology and online shopping is not what it seems. I share this story with you in hopes that one day you will avoid any such problems.
First and foremost, I want to let you all know that I started selling items on Etsy because a collection of handmade projects was accumulating in our home. At the time, I was a stay at home mom, and free-time during nap time was often passed by the sewing machine or making things with my hands. Thanks to my beautiful sister who introduced me to Etsy, I figured I could sell here and there, and make some money for a turn around on fabric supplies.
I never looked at the Etsy shop as something I'd like to do full-time, because the truth. I like my days off. I like to choose the projects I work on and overall.... I like being a nurse and have no desire to quit. At least not yet.

There are always 2 standpoints. The buyer and the seller.
I have had my share of sad experiences as the seller. One specifically where the buyer stated they did not receive their item - thank God for tracking numbers and confirmation. As I was asked to send a second item out at no cost, my responses were a bit smart alecky, and miraculously the original apron appeared! Hmmm...

Then there is the echeck - where someone needs to get the item super quick but payment hasn't cleared. So... you take pity, and send it out, only to find payment was canceled and your out on money, time, and fabric.
Yes... some people are ruthless. And Etsy does recommend that you do NOT ship out anything until payment is fully received into your account. So in the end, the problem was created by you.

However a recent transaction went haywire for the buyer and seller. A purchase was made and money was sent to my invalid email. I was getting emails from Etsy all the time which made this so unbelievable. I updated my new email on Paypal as well. But still, no payment pending after echeck. This took days to clarify... Etsy stated that for whatever reason, my email was never updated through the purchasing section. I literally flipped. If you update your email... doesn't that mean it's updated? Nope. You need to go, section by section and update all the separate areas. Personally, this doesn't make sense to me. But Etsy did apologize and stated that the information should've been requested or the screen should've prompted me with a message. After all, this is a global website, correct?

In the end... the payment was received after hours of back and forth through Etsy and Paypal. The item was finally shipped out along with an extra gift for the mere fact of feeling horrible that it took 10 days to figure out! Etsy is a phenomenal site and I have by no means the intention of making anyone look bad. What I'd like for people to take away from this is that even the most credible sites can have glitches. Those things that we cannot see in our new technological world. This recipients money was just floating somewhere. So... next time as the buyer I will be more forgiving and as the seller, I will have to check, recheck, and recheck all my ducks in a row.

Thanks for taking the time to read my little piece! Hopefully it will save some of you time and worry.



Wishing you all a Happy Easter this lovely weekend!
Christ is Risen!
 May your days be filled with family, love, health and happiness!
Until next time friends!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crystal Knob Rack

So... what can you do with a piece of wood measuring 45 inches by 3 1/2? Well, if it's 1 inch thick, you can use it to make the cutest wall rack. But instead of using hooks, use drawer knobs!   Here's how the idea got started. I needed a place to photograph kids aprons. Now, most of you know that my girls have been modeling them, but they can't model toddler aprons, right? All I could picture was a gorgeous crystal knob rack used to display those mini aprons I love to make. And after searching in stores and online, I realized they are not very easy to find. Soo...... "oooohhh hubby.... can you drill a few holes in this piece of oak wood I found in the barn?"   Of course he did it in a heart beat & he even sanded it down too! The holes were positioned like this: I did the two outer ones first, then measured to the center in between those. And again, the middle of the center and outer one. Got it? I took some regular creamy white wall paint I had left

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the

January.... you're almost done!

Hello friends!  I feel like it's been forever since my last post. I suppose some might even say I've been spending nearly all my time on the forefront of creative madness along with trying to continue healing. Holy smokes! Chemo and radiation will change a person forever. I'm continuing my healing journey, and staying hopeful that I'll remain in the 'clear' for a long time. It's odd, the way you feel, when everything you've gotten accustomed to: the running around, working day to day, rushing here and rushing there.... how quickly it changes when it's no longer a necessity. Yes, I am extremely thankful that my spouse supports and pushes for my healing time, omitting nurse life as it was, but like I told my girlfriend the other day, "how many craft projects can a girl possibly do?" ..... Well let me just tell you..... A LOT! Today's post will revisit some Instagram pics, (in case you don't follow along) with some of my most recent