Skip to main content

A really neat bracelet

Hello friends! I hope everyone enjoyed their first week of Spring! I know I have. We've been busy at home, refreshing, repainting, and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.

One of the perks of refreshing, or should I say, reorganizing, is the fact that we often come across things we forgot we had.  A little something special that was found upon going through some closet baskets were vintage purse handles purchased for a buck fifty!

So what did I decide to do? Make bracelets! For starters, the bead holes were the perfect size for pulling through some stitched fabric straps. Second, who doesn't love wooden beads? And third, those purse handles are still good for a bag, this time with fabric straps :) Just take a look at how easy this came to be!


The handle part that attaches to the actual purse was screwed into place.
That made it so easy to take the beads off.


For my daughter's bracelet, I re-purposed some fabric scraps I had no use for. But you can easily use single fold bias tape and just sew it closed to create a fray free edge!




Wasn't that a really quick project? I'm sure it will sprout into a ton of ideas! How about some necklaces? One thing's for sure, next time I'm vintage shopping, I'll be keeping my eyes open for unique beads!
Happy Spring Days till next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...