Skip to main content

Happy July!



Hello friends! Has it really been this long since my last post? Time is flying! There's so much to show you! Today's post is a cross between check out this project & sharing these just because.
Super fun & colorful, these pillows are perfect for any space!



All you need are twelve 2.5" strips. Separate them in two piles, sewing 6 strips together. If you're using the same fabric twice, keep them all in the same pile just staggering them. If you re-use the same fabric in the other pile, you risk having the same prints next to each other. 


Once your rows are sewn, cut 3 inch strips. I didn't take a snapshot of my peach and purple pile but you can see below how I positioned and flipped the strips once they were cut and placed together.



I finished them up by adding white fabric to the sides and trimmed away any excess to create a 16 x 16 inch pillow. For the backside I used the fold over method with a contrasting fun owl print.
Could you believe that's it? So fun and simple to make!

On another note....

 Here are the two random blocks that never quite made it to the pillow phase... yet.  The first one, with 9 flying geese, is pretty big & I'll have to stuff it myself. I still have a bit of Recollection fabrics leftover so I think you'll be seeing more projects with these colors:)


The second, is my very first attempt at creating a flying geese pinwheel block. I taped it to the window in front of my sewing machine... well, just because. It's so pretty and I'm so proud of my points:) However, that center seam is alot more tough than I had expected. I had noooo idea it would be so thick. And, I'm to nervous to trim away the extra fabric..... Oh, the things I have yet to learn!


Till next time friends! Happy Trails to the pillows our heads rest on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...