Friday, August 3, 2012

Cobbler or Pie?



Okay...here's the story: We are in fruit consumption overload! Everything is ripening & at a very rapid pace. There's tomatoes, peaches, blackberries, & grapes galore. So much so that I found myself making jam in two separate pots, with three fruit based desserts in the oven. Yes...it is all good, but I'm exhausted. (And... I have so many projects to still finish up. I missing my sewing machines.....)But, I will say I was given some special compliments with my made up recipe. So of course I have to share them. Let's start off with what I call a Peach Pie. I consider it a pie because of the crust, even though it looks like a cobbler. Here's how it goes:

Crust:
3 cups flour
3 Tbs. milk
3 Tbs. water
2 sticks unsalted margarine
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tbs. sugar
1 teaspoon canola oil

Mix your ingredients together. Place your dough on a floured surface and roll it out. I used white corning ware for my 'pie pan'. (Deeper dishes = more filling) Place your crust inside.


Filling:
Peaches (as many as can fit), diced with the skin on:) Add 1/2 cup sugar & mix. Add a vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Sprinkle with some cinnamon if you like.



Bake it at 325 until you crust starts to turn a light brown or a little over an hour.



This peach delight is not so sweet. Tease it with a little vanilla ice cream for that summery flavor. Stay tuned for blackberry cobbler coming up very soon. 



Hope you enjoy this tart & tasty homemade recipe!
Happy Trails:)

P.S. Hmmm.... I think we should call this Peach Cob-Pie instead......

No comments:

Post a Comment