Skip to main content

Rose Bath Salts


Who doesn't fall in love with the bath and body section of any store? I mean, even if you have no intention of making a purchase from that section, you will always find yourself sniffing about all those lovely fragrances. 

And what's the most notorious smell for summer....the rose!

I love roses so much and find myself continually picking and taking pics of all the roses we grow. I try breaking off the stems and restarting new plants. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. 
But the most hardy rose to grow, similarly comparable to 'weed' strength is the classic fuschia pink tea rose. In previous posts, like one here..http://mintneedle.blogspot.com/2012/05/.... you can even find a recipe on how to make rose tea jam & syrup!


So... for today, we're heading the spa route and we're going to make the simplest rose 
petal bath salts perfect for those late evening soaks!

What you'll need:

Rose petals....dried
a coffee grinder
mask for your nose - you can also use a scarf
bowl
epsom salts
spoon
baking soda
jar for storing your concoction

& any other herbs you indulge in!

For drying the petals, I usually pick early in the a.m. on dry sunny days. Detach all the petals from the stem and lay them out on clean tablecloths or rolled paper towels.  I leave them out on my dining table and it usually takes 2 weeks to completely dry, at times a little less if I have the windows open. FYI... I do not wash my petals because I only pick the nice clean ones. Do not pick any buds off the ground.


After the petals have dried, grab your mask and place it on your face. Blend the petals in the coffee grinder to a fine powder. Be careful when you open it up because the dust will be so fine that it will float into the air...hence the mask. You shouldn't be breathing it in.

Grab your bowl place 2 cups of epsom salts in the bowl
4 heaping teaspoons of your powdered rose petals
and add 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
Mix it all up with a spoon.

(And for those wondering why baking soda? Baking soda is perfect for itchy skin and fungal infection. It neutralizes, soothes, and detoxifies the skin cells.)





If you use classic tea roses, I guarantee you will not need any essential oils added.
This bath salt mix smells so strong on the roses that you might even be surprised.
The rose powder will even turn your water a pinkish purple!





Store your salt in a cute bottle and gift them or keep them for yourself!
How simple was that?!?




And how cute are those bottles?


On another note......
Just a little update on the health for those curious, I'm hanging in there. On good days, I try to craft and stay busy with simple projects like the one above. My body is tired but I'll keep fighting. I have only a few more treatments ahead, but the chemo is getting harder and harder, (more so than the radiation).

I know I will never be the same, but I can't tell you how much i'm looking forward to getting back to a norm. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Trails to all the pretty roses!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crystal Knob Rack

So... what can you do with a piece of wood measuring 45 inches by 3 1/2? Well, if it's 1 inch thick, you can use it to make the cutest wall rack. But instead of using hooks, use drawer knobs!   Here's how the idea got started. I needed a place to photograph kids aprons. Now, most of you know that my girls have been modeling them, but they can't model toddler aprons, right? All I could picture was a gorgeous crystal knob rack used to display those mini aprons I love to make. And after searching in stores and online, I realized they are not very easy to find. Soo...... "oooohhh hubby.... can you drill a few holes in this piece of oak wood I found in the barn?"   Of course he did it in a heart beat & he even sanded it down too! The holes were positioned like this: I did the two outer ones first, then measured to the center in between those. And again, the middle of the center and outer one. Got it? I took some regular creamy white wall paint I had left

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the

January.... you're almost done!

Hello friends!  I feel like it's been forever since my last post. I suppose some might even say I've been spending nearly all my time on the forefront of creative madness along with trying to continue healing. Holy smokes! Chemo and radiation will change a person forever. I'm continuing my healing journey, and staying hopeful that I'll remain in the 'clear' for a long time. It's odd, the way you feel, when everything you've gotten accustomed to: the running around, working day to day, rushing here and rushing there.... how quickly it changes when it's no longer a necessity. Yes, I am extremely thankful that my spouse supports and pushes for my healing time, omitting nurse life as it was, but like I told my girlfriend the other day, "how many craft projects can a girl possibly do?" ..... Well let me just tell you..... A LOT! Today's post will revisit some Instagram pics, (in case you don't follow along) with some of my most recent