Skip to main content

The month of love and....



February... the month of love and cleaning is here.... Yes, I said love and cleaning. In this house, we've been itching to eliminate the old and refresh with some new.  A couple bright, kitchen items have managed to do the trick without breaking the bank. As for the kids, that's another story. Pinks and reds have wiggled their way in our home. From clothing to pencils and paper, you can totally tell Valentine's day is right around the corner.


A cute, quick project. The button tree. All you need is a piece of fabric, some buttons,
beads, hot glue gun, and a little paint for the trunk. There are so many of these available for purchase,
I thought it would be easy to make. And it is! Two more are in the works and we'll officially have new
wall art for the girl's room:)
 
 
 
 
And as I'm trying to keep the "pink" under control by avoiding trips to Target. (Ya know that section at the beginning of every store.... that after check-out you realize you bought pens, ribbon, chapstick, coloring books... etc. that you & your family really didn't need.) Guess what happens?
I strike another totally cool EBay find!
And yes.... this was not a need, but more of a must....
 
 


 
My heart melted when I saw these Rainbow Brite paper dolls in mint condition. I immediately recalled being a little girl, running in my old backyard, flying my Rainbow Brite kite in the warm, summer sun. And the cereal.... it was the best! What kind of mother would I be if I never made mention of who this amazing character was to my gals? So.... I made the purchase and decided to add this item to a little bin, called...."mom, we're bored." A re-introduction to paper dolls will be the perfect thing! Don't cha think?

 


And.... if you happen to be craving ginger, check out this cookie recipe at clementine & clove. I'm always up for a new ways of making our common treats & fell in love with this one for its minimized use of sugar. They are not extremely sweet, but they are super tasty.


Happy Trails!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...