Skip to main content

For the Love of Sage



Throughout the centuries, sage has been known as a wondrous & spiritual herb.  Used for it's healing, cleansing, & aromatic qualities, everything about this plant is amazing. Packed with Vitamin A, it's known to be good for your teeth, bones, & skin. Steep it as a tea to ease tension & anxiety. Or...use it as a gargle for sore throats. Either way, you'll reap the benefits of this great herb that comes from the mint family.

 
Pick your sage in the morning or afternoon, but never during the midday heat. Give it a good shake to loosen any bugs. Tie with a thread or twine & hang upside down in a place that has good air circulation. Don't over cramp & bunch them too much. The moisture of being squished together will give a perfect environment to turn your sage moldy. I know some people like to wash their herbs, but I don't (for sage) unless I use it raw.  Two reasons, my sage grows where no animals have access to it & unless dried thoroughly, you'll probably get mold. Remember, herbs are clean naturally. So.... let's get saging and give a tasty try to a very special & refreshing drink!

~Lemon Sage Water~
 
 
Ice water
Fresh Sage Leaves (washed & patted dry)
Honey Comb, cut 2 cubes (1"x1")
One Lemon, sliced not squeezed
 
 
Put all your ingredients together, adding the water last. I love our glass jug. Your able to seal the top & give it a good shake. Refrigerate or serve right away:) But I promise it won't last.
 
 
To Harvesting Sage!
Happy Trails:)
 
 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...