Skip to main content

Chocolate Chip Cookies



Now... I usually am not one to fall for those "World's Best" recipe stuff. But....this one caught me off guard and I have to share. These literally are the world's best chocolate chip cookies.
They are not your typical thin, crispy on the outside, homemade ones. They are soft, chewy, full & delicious. So here we go!

Cream 1/2 of a cup of butter, 1/2 a cup of margarine, 1 cup of brown sugar, and 1 cup of white sugar until it's super smooth.
Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time.
Put the mixer speed on low and add 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract.
Then, get 1 Tablespoon of hot water and dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda.
Add that to your batter along with a pinch of salt.
Add 3 and 1/2 cups of flour with about a cup of m&m's or chocolate chips.
Indulge in these cookies after cooking them at 350 for 10-13 minutes. Don't cook them longer, and take them out as soon as the time is up. (Even if they don't look done, they are.) Let them
 cool off just for a little bit:)

Hope you enjoy as these don't last more than a day at our house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...