Skip to main content

And Groundhog Day has passed....

According to Punxsutawney Phil, we're looking at 6 more weeks of snow. Am I the only one hoping this is true, because, here in Ohio, winter can last all the way into May.

Having said that, I hope everyone is having a great start to 2017. I must admit, I haven't been utilizing my free time very effectively.  Instead of focusing solely on sewing and finishing projects, I've been spending my days playing with photography and have even gotten back into painting. But I did get the Etsy shop up and running (again). Right?




And I made sure everything is on a massive markdown. The reason: I need room for more projects :) So please, feel free to pass on the news!

There are too many wips, or works in progress, going on in the sewing room. Currently on the cutting table, a black quilt that pops with color. No pattern. Just found a block on Pinterest I had to try.




Plus, my solid colored remnants are finally getting put to use.  I plan on using the checkered pieces in between. I can't wait to finish this one!

More ideas:
I'm dying to make some placemats for the kitchen table using this box of scraps! The problem.... I'm debating on doing a colorful collage of fabrics or sticking to similar hues.... decisions, decisions....



And a little green to feed the soul.



There's nothing quite like planting wheat in the dead of winter. This green feels so good in the house. I'm sure my feathered friends will enjoy it... once I decide to give it up ;)!

May you journey on pleasant paths till next time my friends!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...