Skip to main content

August

And just like that.... the middle of August is here.The 'back to school' checklist is finishing up and I can't help but feel...."where did the time go?" One of my resolutions this year was to stop planning so far ahead, stop making myself all these little reminder notes of things that needed to get done. The result... an enjoyed summer that flew by. A little bitter sweet if you ask me. But that's all about to change. My seize the day attitude has put me behind in appointments and workload throughout the house. We are officially playing catch up just days before the girls go to school.


On another note, I finally got to cross off homemade Strawberry Rhubarb pie off my summer list! Hip, hip, hooray!





You can find this delicious pie recipe here..... Oh, and the best pie crust ever! Right here :)


This quilt top got finished too.... 




 A blend of Dear Stella Foxtrail Fabrics that had me at the threads. Those little foxes... owls... and raccoons. They are just too cute!




I didn't exactly use a pattern. Instead, played around with seam allowance and half square rectangles. I still like the way it came out and have to say, it's one of my favorites. I always wanted to create a modern quilt with unruly lines. They don't meet perfectly which means it's quite perfect to me.


So what's on the agenda for August. Tie up loose ends... Possibly add some aprons to the etsy shop that just seemed to disappear. I was so busy seizing the day, I never renewed my items.  Can you say, rain on a parade?  And... start working on Christmas gifts. Yikes!


Till next time friends! Make the most of your days!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...