Skip to main content

May 2016





Hello Spring days and warm sunshine! As always, I can never seem to believe how much time passes in between the posts of this blog. Just like everyone else enjoying the brighter weather, we've been busy tidying up the yard and preparing our garden. But that's not all.




On the forefront, we've added chickens to our home. And, it's one of the greatest things we have ever done, period. The girls are at the perfect age to embrace a different kind of life and seem to be full of all the right questions. Nope, we're not 'farming' the chickens. At least, not yet. Instead, we are doing the typical egg-loving and egg-sharing thing. I'm really excited about making homemade pasta and yes, the eggs are much darker, much creamier, and much tastier.

As for sewing.... well.... I miss my machine.  I've done little things here and there but definitely have yet to finish a project. And there are so many things I want to create.....  I started this triangle quilt with Michael Miller's Garden Glitz Collection and I just love the way it's coming out. But....it's on a stand still until I figure out how I want to branch off to the sides. ( I was hoping to keep these triangles at the center of the quilt....) Why do I get the feeling it'll be months before this one gets completed?



As for everything else.... here's what Spring 2016 has been looking like at our home....















Till next time friends ~ Happy Trails!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...