Skip to main content

Inspiring October

Hello readers! I'm so glad you stopped by! I feel as though there's so much to talk about & so much to show you! First off, our family took a little trip back to Glenwood Springs, Colorado. It was a blast. We got to do things that we didn't last time, when it snowed. The funny thing... the girls, at first, were so upset it wasn't snowing there already! Seriously?!?! It ended up being warmer in Glenwood than back home in Ohio. (Not surprising...)







This time, we got to enjoy a 15 mile bike ride that coasts along I-70. It was beautiful! Then, we took a hike up to Hanging Lake. (Words cannot explain the oasis that exists on top of that mountain.) The question for the kids... how did the fish get there? :) After, we enjoyed a day of lounging at the hot springs... literally all... day... long... And, to get in the spirit of spooky Halloween , we hiked up another mountain to visit Doc Holiday's grave along with all the early settlers. That was neat! At the end of trip, we decided since we were so close and the weather was perfect, why not head to Aspen? So we enjoyed an afternoon in the town with some shopping and tasty Aspen ice cream! Oh ya, one more thing ~ The Continental Divide. Nothing like feeling on top of the world... well at least the United States!


 Little getaways like this are so inspiring! I haven't even told you about any of the boutiques or shops! One place that you must visit if you're in Glenwood is the Elizabeth Dean Boutique. This is just a sneak peak inside. There's quite a few bloggers that have also raved about this fabulous shop:)



One of the things that I'm most fond of about this trip is not only the family time, but the fact that I got to play around with my camera and take some really beautiful pictures. They came out so great that I think some will be used as duplicates in the Etsy shop! 

Happy trails to all things inspiring and memorable family trips:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...