Skip to main content

A Knit Cowl


Hey busy moms! I bet you you look at those crafty websites and think, "ya, only if I had time." Right? Well I promise you, this is one of the quickest knitting projects out there! 



All I did was make a row of 40 stitches and continued, keeping the knit side with the knit, & the purl side with the purl. 


Once I had my desired length, I folded it in half to make my "width". By using a crochet hook, I was able to gather the ends and make a cowl. How simple was that? This is a pretty fool proof method if you don't have the circular knitting needles available!


I added two pearled buttons with a needle and sewing thread.


I love the way this looks so much that I opted to start a little late night project of my own.
This gorgeous grayish blue was just too pretty to pass up.
(Except with this one, I'm going to do a little striped design by randomly doing knit & purl stitches together.)





On another note....
French seams = flawless infinity scarves (hopefully an upcoming post)
&
patterns galore thanks to Joann's awesome $0.99 sale!
(Looks like the girls are getting some more of mommy's creations.)

Till next time:)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...