Skip to main content

Let's Catch Up....


The Christmas tree is sloooowly coming down. All the beautiful ornaments have been put away.... A little bitter sweet as usual. An area once filled with the crisp smell of pine and look of glitter is now gone. Instead, an open space will be available with the possibility of anything to fill it. The home is recovering from a mish mash of Christmas meets birthdays x2! Multiple Santa figurines, birthday balloons, Christmas cards, garlands, and banners were displayed everywhere.  Why don't I hold back, you ask? .... Because when all is complete ~ the tidiness is that much sweeter.

The girls have finally gone back to school. The three extra days off on break were scrumptious as I'm sure we all can remember how good it felt to have a 'snow day'. (But this time they were 'sub zero' days.) In the midst of all the freezing and wind, all I could think about was which plants weren't going to survive the ice. Hence... the gardening catalogs have slowly made their presence. The seed orders have been placed, but you'll find no new veggies here. Just some pretty flowers I hope will take. Ya know... It's officially two months till I start seeds indoors! 

And our beautiful Amaryllis bloomed! Just lovin' the bright red!



On another note~ The sewing room is getting some much needed re-organizing as the holiday season took it's toll. Because let's face it, if it didn't have a 'spot' in the house, it somehow ended up in that particular room. As the girls say, "just put it in there". I have some gorgeous, bright aprons that will be making their way to the shop. But in the meantime, here's a sneak peek!



Till next time friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...