Skip to main content

Ahhh Summer....

 
 
For some odd reason when I thought of summer, I thought of endless sewing, new craft projects, gardening the yard to a mint. And the truth is, I've had little time to do any of those things. I've been on the constant move of trying to keep the girls busy and organized. Summer break, so far, has meant an overhaul of misplaced items and "let's not try to make a mess anymore". The girls officially have a specified craft table out on our porch that allows them to spill paint, get the chairs dirty, and get down right creative. Result ~ the house...stays clean that much longer:) So what sewing did I get done? Well, I share with you three lovely girls skirts I made for a dear friend and her daughters. I used a blend of hip fabrics and lined the band and inside with the oh sooo soft rayon jersey knit.
Take a look!
 

 

On another note, everything has bloomed. Which means....my dining table and kitchen are currently the drying grounds of lavender, calendula, mint, dill, & yarrow.
It looks somewhat of a hobbits home.
 


 

I even grabbed the poppy stems to tie in a bunch and hang upside down in a paper bag. This is the only sure way to catch those tiny seeds.
 
I'm looking forward to tying up the loose ends of some unfinished projects... the summer table runner, a mini quilt, & starting new ones! I'm really digging The Alison Bathing Suit by BurdaStyle.  I saw some unique prints that could make this a one of a kind piece.
I hope I get some late night sewing in to give it a try!
 
Happy trails till next time:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...