Skip to main content

Cobbler or Pie?



Okay...here's the story: We are in fruit consumption overload! Everything is ripening & at a very rapid pace. There's tomatoes, peaches, blackberries, & grapes galore. So much so that I found myself making jam in two separate pots, with three fruit based desserts in the oven. Yes...it is all good, but I'm exhausted. (And... I have so many projects to still finish up. I missing my sewing machines.....)But, I will say I was given some special compliments with my made up recipe. So of course I have to share them. Let's start off with what I call a Peach Pie. I consider it a pie because of the crust, even though it looks like a cobbler. Here's how it goes:

Crust:
3 cups flour
3 Tbs. milk
3 Tbs. water
2 sticks unsalted margarine
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tbs. sugar
1 teaspoon canola oil

Mix your ingredients together. Place your dough on a floured surface and roll it out. I used white corning ware for my 'pie pan'. (Deeper dishes = more filling) Place your crust inside.


Filling:
Peaches (as many as can fit), diced with the skin on:) Add 1/2 cup sugar & mix. Add a vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Sprinkle with some cinnamon if you like.



Bake it at 325 until you crust starts to turn a light brown or a little over an hour.



This peach delight is not so sweet. Tease it with a little vanilla ice cream for that summery flavor. Stay tuned for blackberry cobbler coming up very soon. 



Hope you enjoy this tart & tasty homemade recipe!
Happy Trails:)

P.S. Hmmm.... I think we should call this Peach Cob-Pie instead......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is musmula?

Look at these beauties. Finally, I find an answer to this question! The translation for the Turkish, Mediterranean fruit called 'musmula' is 'medlar'.  This exotic fruit that's a cross between a pear and a hawthorn is very unique and tasty. I owe great thanks to my grandfather for grafting this beauty in my yard. Sadly, I don't have any recipes regarding the medlar. But I have read that it is great for making preserves and jelly's. This is a tasty fall fruit that can only ripen after the first frost. I should really move them to a dry shelf until the pulp softens. Then, they're the best!

The Ogden Cami ~ A Review

Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful February and a great start to March! Spring is right around the corner and I'm counting down to daylight savings on March 10th! Hooray for longer sunshine! Lately, I've been longing to go back to stitching up clothes. And... I ended up finding the cutest pattern to get me back in the groove at Hawthorne Threads . The Ogden Cami by True Bias Patterns is perfect and quite simple! I started off by making a test run with some red, light-weight fabric, figuring if this comes out good, I'll have 2 tops! And guess what? It came out awesome! Making a practice piece was a great idea. It's always recommended and there are so many reasons why. In the instructional booklet, I wrote myself little notes.  ~ cut the fabric 1/4" larger at the sides so I can use a serger. This will allow me to have finished ends and still a good seam allowance.  ~ cut the straps 1/2" larger, so the ...

Flying Geese ~ Etno Style

The fabric, the quality, the colors..... I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Etno Fabric Collection  by Pat Bravo!! The colors & shapes are always so inspiring. And as I was working on this project, new ideas were getting sparked. (So..... you're going to be checking out two more pieces I've been working on.) One thing is for sure. These gorgeous prints needed to be center of attention and what better way than with City Stitches Follow the Leader Quilt! All you can focus on is the way the colors play and blend together. The flying geese were made using the "no waste method". The large square (main fabric) measured 9-1/4" by 9-1/4" while the four small (white) squares were 4-7/8" by 4-7/8". This left me with four flying geese per one fabric pattern that measured 4" by 8".   I love the way this piece came out so much!  The fourth row of flying geese from the no waste method we...